Saturday, July 11, 2009

It's About Time

Watercolors were once my forte, but then I got going with acrylics and oils and I haven't painted with watercolors for nearly three years. This past week I finally dove back into it. What a great feeling. I took off the lid of my palette and immediately smelled that old familiar smell of the paints. I never liked the smell before, but now it's a welcome scent! My palette was still covered in the mixed colors of my last watercolor project from 2006. How glad I was that I hadn't washed it off. Now I feel like I can mix back into those colors and start right where I left off, with the same remnants of yellow ochre and pthalo blue that I left years ago.

It's been a wonderful week of painting, painting for at least an hour a day, with Brynlee either by my side or napping. I've got to keep this routine up. I had forgotten my love of watercolors and the rush that comes from painting with them!

Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Merrick said...

I'm so glad that you're getting back into painting! Please post pictures as soon as you finish something!

Emily Carruth Fuller said...

I'm excited for you! Keep it up. A few of us from the BFA studio got together at Amber's final show. We miss you and wish you were in Utah again. We are glad you are still painting and making it work (and having the time of your life in good ol' cali)!

miss said...

YEEESSSSS!
my final show is watercolor!