Sunday, April 27, 2008

84th Annual Spring Salon


Earlier this month I entered the annual juried show at the Springville Museum of Art. I just found out that my painting was accepted. Yay! I entered a small watercolor piece title Behind Main. It's actually quite different from what I'm currently doing. I didn't have any of my current paintings ready for display, so I entered this piece that was framed and ready to go. It depicts an alley from downtown Salt Lake.

The Spring Salon opened today and will go through the first week of July. It's always a great exhibit and I'm sure this year will be no exception. I'm sure my Mother in Law will be pleased to hear that James Christensen will have two pieces in the show, as well. If my little watercolor isn't enough to pull you, his paintings will do the trick! (She is a dear friend of James Christensen's wife and a huge fan of his art!)

Here are a few of my favorite local artists and their artwork that is included in the exhibit:

Sunny Belliston -- Itapua II

Jared Ellis -- Onsite B66 #17

Jacqui Biggs Larsen -- Song of Small Things

Brian Kershisnik -- Madonna and Child with Saints Repairing Bicycle

Jennifer Rasmussen -- Dancing Gracefully in her Ruffled Paper Dress

5 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

Lar...I want to see a picture of your piece!

Kristen M said...

Congrats Lar! That's awesome.

Jae said...

That show starts when?

Dawn said...

I think Bryan and I will take in a little culture and check it out!

JethRobyn said...

So cool! I love James Christensen as well! He is my favorite. His daughter Cass Barney is my new favorite artist. She's awesome, I think she might be in the show too. I will have to go check and it next time I go to Jethro's school to visit (it's a block away!) You seriously are so talented!!