Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wairere Falls Series

I thought it might be interesting to post some of my past art, since I don't have anything new since my last big post of current art. The images that follow are part of a series I did in New Zealand a year and a half ago. They are mixed media: collage, acrylic, wax, and ink.






I learned quite a bit through this series. It became a springboard for the way that I work now. Unfortunately, all of the paintings but one remained in New Zealand to be sold. I kept the bottom one with the picnic tables.

2 comments:

JethRobyn said...

I love these. They were great!! We have the four still, I think you saw them when you were hear, Jeannie's, MJ's, Amy's and mine. I love them! I wish I had a Laura :)Um, really come play soon.

JethRobyn said...

and when I wrote hear I meant here, it's been a long morning :)