Saturday, April 19, 2008

My art, as of 4-19-08

My studio space at BYU. Pretty chaotic, but sooo nice and convenient.


This one began as a painting about the wheat and the tares, but it turned into a painting about yellow lines.


This was my second attempt at the wheat and the tares, but it turned into a painting about green, blue, and violet rectangles. I had fun with that bright blue.


This one is larger than the other two. It's about 2.5 or 3 feet tall. All these paintings are acrylic paint on panels.


I wanted to do a painting about growth and decay, so I did this one. But I think it's more about form and color in the end.


This one is is 4 x 4 feet, and much heavier than I'd like it to be. (Thanks to Dad for building the panel with me!) I actually painted this painting the other way around, with the green at the top, then I saw it upside down and liked it better that way. This one's not done. I need to change something, but I haven't decided what.


This is the most recent painting, finished yesterday. It's about 3.5 feet tall. I wanted a big linear form of a seed or lima bean and that big blue shape is what I ended up with.

6 comments:

Karen said...

The studio looks so nice. I'm sure you're glad to have a space to call yours. Your art is very neat.

Diana Hulme said...

Laura - these look great! You HAVE to keep this updated often! :)

Hema and Becky said...

Yeah!!! We've been begging to see your art. It is very cool! I can't wait to see more!

Jessica F. said...

What a great idea! I am always dying to see some of your art!

JethRobyn said...

Very cool!! I am loving this!

Andrew and Haley said...

i love your stuff laura- i'm glad you decided to blog about it so I can get a sneak peak! I'm so lucky to have such a talented friend! it's all awesome!